In today’s article, we are looking at the best web designers in South Africa. We all agree, not anyone calling themselves a ‘designer’ will actually deliver a stellar job.
In fact, there are more scammers in this design industry, almost competing with finance. All you hear is promise after promise and nothing to show.
Which begs the question:
How can you pick the best from the rest?
To get started, let’s look at some of the things to look for when looking for a web designer.
What to look for in a web design company in South Africa
You need to pick the agency with enough experience to deliver exactly or even surpass your expectations.
To do this, only consider talking to web designers who have handled projects in your industry.
If you are in an e-commerce business selling electronics, you need a web designer who has handled the same project before. Why? With such, you are sure they have enough experience to handle whatever comes their way.
Also, they understand what you want having dealt with it previously.
Also, it eliminates the need for back and forth exchanges before the project starts. The last thing you want is someone starting the project and then it stalls in the middle, leaving you frustrated.
Your budget dictates the type of website your business will have. If you have enough budget, you tend to go for better features and a responsive website.
The same applies to web design agencies, you get what you pay for.
It is recommended that you hire an agency you can afford. Agree on the cost of the project beforehand to eliminate issues down the line.
However, you don’t have to put a price on owning a professional and responsive website. As you will see later, there are insanely cheaper ways to build a website you want, without breaking your bank account.
Truth is, having a beautiful website isn’t going to solve all of your problems. You still need to figure out marketing, SEO, and other things.
Having a web design company in South Africa that offer other services will simplify your life. You can easily turn to them whenever you need help with an issue.
Once you have the website, you will need to engage in content marketing and search engine optimization. Instead of running around looking for other suppliers, you can easily contact your design company for help.
As a client (business owner), you already have so much on your plate. Worrying about running the business, taxes, suppliers, etc. As such, you don’t have time to keep up with the latest website designs and functionality.
This is why you need an agency that is all-round and understands what is going on within the industry.
The last thing you want is your new website looking like it is from the ’90s. You need a website that is not only pretty but also converts visitors to sales. Without the latest and proven trends, it will be hard achieving this.
With these factors, you should be able to narrow down wen designers in South Africa and only remain with the best.
Best web designers in South Africa
These are the best web development agencies in South Africa.
Focus Online is a marketing agency specializing in driving direct bookings for luxury travel.
Founded in 2012 in Cape Town, Focus Online has a team comprising a diverse group of individuals of over 15 employees, each offering a unique skill set and perspective that has contributed to their ongoing success.
With their focus on travel websites, they have enough experience to help you create a perfect website for your tour company.
· Web Design & Development – designing websites and creating web applications.
· Search Engine Optimisation – making sure your website is found on search engines
· Email Marketing – building an email list for purpose of promoting products and services
· Content Marketing – using content (articles, videos, and audio) to drive conversions
· Social Media Marketing – leveraging social media to push products and services
· Pay Per Click (PPC) Marketing – this is marketing on search engines
As you can see, it ticks most of the above boxes, making it one of the best web designers in South Africa.
This is not your typical web design agency.
OLITT is a free website builder platform. With it, you can create beautiful websites in under five minutes without touching code. This makes it one of the best web designers in South Africa; anyone can use it.
Comes with drag-and-drop technology, which empowers you to design a website of your dreams. All you have to do is drag elements (images, text blocks, and media) and drop anywhere you want.
To make it even better, OLITT has hundreds of ready-made websites (templates). With it, all you have to do is pick one based on your industry and start editing.
If you are building a website to promote your new book in South Africa, go to the categories:
And pick a template you like.
Then start editing. Once done, click save and you are done.
· Connecting domain – you can use the free domain available (.olitt.com) or buy a new one for really cheap.
· Free web hosting in South Africa – you don’t have to worry about getting hosting services somewhere else
· The pages are SEO optimized
· Global CDN with over 42 PoPs – this means all OLITT websites are lightning-fast, thus increased chances of ranking higher on search engines
· Free DNS management – update your domain records free of charge. Also supports all of the popular DNS records in South Africa.
These and many more make OLITT one of the best web designers in South Africa.
Webillism Web Design Company is a web design and development company founded back in 1998.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, they have a team of at most 10 employees who specialize in web design, e-commerce development, and web development.
A quick glance at their website gives you a feel for their creativity. They have combine comic (theming) designs and humor to pass the message. That is something you want in your website to not only make it interesting but also inviting to visitors.
· Ecommerce Web Design – if you need to build an online shop
· Custom Web Design – this is for those looking for a specific look and feel on their websites
· Brochure Web Design
· Content Creation – creating articles, videos, and audio
· Maintenance – support and solving issues as they arise
· SEO and Ad Management – getting organic (free) traffic and using ads to reach more people who are more interested in your products
· WordPress Training – WordPress is the most popular CMS, powering over 30% of the world’s websites. It is free and easy to use.
If you are looking for the best web design agency in South Africa, you should check them out.
According to their website Cloudfusion design, develop, and deliver a fusion of cloud technology solutions across mobile, cloud, web, and Internet of Things (IoT) to empower the world’s leading startups and enterprises.
The web design agency was founded in 2005 and has at least 3 employees.
· Web design and development
· Mobile applications – with the industries moving towards mobile-first experiences, you need an app for your business to solve specific challenges
· Branding – giving your business an identity that the target customers can identify with
· Internet marketing – using the web to push your services and products to more people
Agent Orange Design was founded in 1997 and headquartered in Johannesburg. With a team of 5 employees, the company is at the forefront to deliver all your design needs at affordable rates.
· Video production – they help small and medium businesses produce video content for their businesses in South Africa.
· Web design and development – the company boasts a quite huge portfolio of design work they have done.
· Logo design and brand identity – a logo is the #1 way to identify a business and understand what it stands for. Agent Orange Design can help with creating beautiful logos that represent what your brand stands for
· Graphic design for print – if you want product covers and other print graphics.
· Photography for events, PR, portraits, etc.
Makereign has been in business for at least 4 years now, but their presence can be felt throughout the country. With over 20 employees, the company over services ranging from web design, logo designs, UX/UI design, etc.
Their clients range from the retail business, finance companies, e-commerce, to telecommunication agencies.
Their official site has this really cool way of showcasing their portfolio in an interactive way.
- Interface design
- User experience
These are services unique to Makereign, making one of the best web designers in South Africa.
Wrapping web design in South Africa
While there are more web design agencies doing awesome work, these ones should help you set standards when looking for a web designer in South Africa.