How to remain relevant through time and space is the goal of every individual and enterprise. The more the reason why we need to look into website builders in Nigeria.
With all sorts of changes and consumers environment evolving you can be sure that building your website is one of the best decisions you can make. Just a click away and vast website builders will be available for you.
Categories of Website Builders in Nigeria
The nature of websites is that they are diverse in terms of their functionality. It depends on what your goal is when creating one.
Most of them are built in such a way that they can handle multiple functionalities while fewer are one-sided.
This means that they are primarily built for a particular purpose of which they perform exclusively well and in the long run they are upgraded with complementary functions so as to become more relevant.
A list of the websites
- Ecommerce websites – this serves as an online shopping platform where customers can buy products or services from your company. A durable e-commerce web page makes browsing products easy by filtering through categories, accessing the cart and making purchases.
- Homepages – these acts as the main hub to your site and serve as the face of your brand. It helps guide site visitors to access different areas to your site and serves as a conversion funnel. You need to capitalise on the design as it gives the first impression to your site .
- Magazine websites – this type of websites features articles, videos and photos that are educational and informational
- Blogs – this type features regularly updated articles, videos, and photos. The content is normally more personal and casual compared to magazines. However, this has changed over time and you find that organisations also have their own blogs.
- Directory and contact pages – these are platforms that list a repository of people or businesses within an organisation which in turn enhances connectivity between people.
- Landing pages – these are specifically built for marketing campaigns that drive visitors to take a specific action.
- Portfolio websites – these are common among creative professionals who want to showcase their best work. Some of these include designers, filmmakers, painters, carpenters, and many more.
- Social media websites – currently there are over 2.77 billion people on social media from the diverse platforms that are available. The social media website gives you control over how you can create content that drives social media shares.
Web4Africa was established in 2002 and over the years they have worked towards building world-class hosting services. They have the skills and experiences in-house to offer the best services possible.
- Free domain name for the first year
- Free SSL certificate
- Weekly backups for your site which are an insurance against losing all the data on your site
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free basic web builder
- Fast network with fast loading pages
- Unlimited databases
- 24/7 monitoring and customer support
- cPanel control panel
- Unlimited addon domains
- WordPress hosting
The following are Web4Africa premium plans which you can upgrade as your needs change.
OLITT is a free website builder that has been built with the user needs at heart. They have designed it in a way that you can create and publish your site in a matter of minutes.
This free website builder in Nigeria is designed for both individual and corporate needs for example, apps, SaaS, entrepreneurs, among many others.
- A drag and drop editor that makes it easy to build your site
- Numerous unique prebuilt templates that are industry-specific
- Custom domain name registration where you can create your own domain with OLITT, transfer one or link it from an external source
- Prebuilt websites
- SEO tools that your site visible on search engines
- Free SSL certificates for sites that have been published on Olitt
- A resume builder
- DNS management for your sites
- Prebuilt integrations that help save your time and increase the functionality of your site, for example, Tawkto Live Chat, Custom Code, Intercom, Global CDN network, and Google Analytics.
- 24/7 customer support via live chat and emails
This is the most popular website builder in Nigeria for having the most pocket friendly plans. You can comfortably use the free plan and get a stunning website, even with the premium plans you will not feel a pinch in your pocket.
Wix is one of the biggest players in the website building industry as it hosts more than 160 million websites. Their growing popularity had been largely contributed by investing greatly in marketing campaigns as well as having an outstanding builder.
Their websites are visually impressive and are designed for restaurants, small businesses, online stores, artists, for example photographers and musicians. Let us find out what more we can expect from Wix.
- Excellent templates which have exceptional designs and have pre-built layouts from a wide range of industries.
- A flexible drag and drop editor and a structure that easily allows moving of elements around so as to achieve a polished outlook
- An App market that contains third party apps which you can easily integrate to your website. Some of these include: live chat software, newsletter tool, online booking widgets and so many more.
- Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) that offers a smart assistant that you can use to create your website. however, it is available for limited types of projects like portfolios or yoga sites.
- Wix is one among many site builders that allows addition of animations to text and other elements
- Automatic site backup for websites hosted by Wix which enables you never to lose important information.
Wix has friendly plans as it allows you to downgrade or upgrade your site according to your needs. The unlimited plan is the most popular one.
This is a free website builder that is easy to use and offers a great option if you want a personal website, an eCommerce tool for small businesses, a portfolio, or a blog.
Site 123 Features
- Responsive web design on desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Free SEO tools that optimize your site and help you attract traffic
- An eCommerce feature that enables you to start selling as soon as possible
- Free hosting services on secured servers
- Blogging platform with features that make your personal blog look great
- Free website domain registration when you purchase an annual package
- Free email accounts that allows you to manage your mailbox under your domain name
- 24/7 website support via the online chat, support center or email.
- Free image and icons library with free images, videos, and icons to fill your website with
- Language tools that make it possible for you to have a multilingual website
- Logo tools that enable you to display your business with pride
- Website design tools that help you achieve the wow factor for your site and stand out in the internet space.
- Email marketing that helps you to promote your business with a newsletter package
- Social media integration that helps you grow your brand by adding your social network links
This website builder in Nigeria has two simple plans as shown below.
The Neolo website builder makes creating a website easy and fast. You can launch your professional-looking website in a span of 5 minutes. To create a website, you need to follow the following steps:
- Choose a design
- Name the internal sections and load your personal content, that is texts and images to replace the mock content
- Choose a domain name or redirect one from another source
- Preview and launch your site!
- 24/7 availability as your website will be hosted in Neolo’s cloud
- Search engine presence as Neolo automatically adds your website to Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Mobile friendly designs that will enable your visitors to comfortably view your website from any mobile device.
- Security features that keep your site free from viruses and hackers
- Multimedia and channels where you can synchronise your website with your social media channels and upload videos and photos
- Enables you to update the design, add internal pages and change the content when you can.
- Enables creating a website from your smartphone. 50% of the internet traffic is from mobile devices and so having your website fully compatible with your mobile devices is a fundamental feature.
This is one of the website builders in Nigeria that offers a 50% discount for the first year. They accept payments through Visa, PayPal, Mastercard and American express.
Weebly is a free website builder that enables you to create both a simple and stylish website and is particularly favourable for small business sites, blogs, online stores, and portfolios. It is easy to use and has a rich resource of both apps and features that help grow your site.
- SEO tools
- Drag and drop website builder
- Themes that not only look great but are responsive even on mobile devices
- Blogging feature
- An app center that allows you to add additional features to your site using Weebly’s own apps as well as third party ones.
- Team management whereby you can assign other editors roles to work on the website and give them access
- Help and support
- Membership areas that allows you to open certain parts of your website to members only and you can choose whether you want to make the registration public or not.
- Ecommerce store
- Domain name registration for the first year is free of charge but for the second year you have to start paying.
- Security to all your sites using an SSL certificate that assures your visitors of safe transactions
- 24/7 support with email, live support, tickets, phone and training
Weebly is one of the website builders in Nigeria that has friendly plans. For the basic use, you can always use the free plan and then upgrade to the premium plans gradually.
Website builders in Nigeria are readily accessible and most of them are quite easy to use. All you need to do as you plan to create a website is to consider the options above and choose a best fit.